Showing 1–48 of 97 results
Over the years, wall paintings have been the standard way to dress up a wall. Although art is still a great way to decorate – today interior decorators are often replacing the wall painting in favor of large wall mirrors. Beautiful wall mirrors have, undeniably, certain advantages to the standard art painting. Need help visualizing how a particular mirror will look? Take advantage of our Free Visualization Service – and we will superimpose an image/s of the mirror onto a photo you send us. Free shipping, No tax.
1. The top reason for using wall mirrors is that they can make even a small room feel and look larger, more open and airy– making your rooms, whatever their size, seem more spacious.
2. If your room is poorly lit, place some nice lamps near the mirror and it will reflect the light out into the dark corners. Suddenly parts of your room that had gone unnoticed before will be enhanced.
3. Entrance areas always have been and still are one of the best places to use large wall mirrors. This is one of the easiest ways to make your entrance area stylish, brighter and seemingly more spacious.
Mirrors, especially if you have a hanging light fixture in your foyer, will reflect maximum light to make your foyer bright and cheerful rather than dark and depressing. Photo Source: Houzz
Full-length mirrors are also very useful in the foyer since they will give a nice place to check your, or for your guests to check their, appearance before leaving the house. When hanging a mirror in an entrance hall it’s best to place it across from the door in a small area or on the opposite side from where the door opens..
4. Whatever room you want to use a large wall mirror in, it should always reflect something nice, like a beautiful painting or window with a lovely view, a large plant or a lovely fireplace, rather than a blank wall or anything else unattractive.
5. Place a long, narrow console table beneath a large wall mirror or place a large mirror behind a fireplace mantle and arrange with candles of various sizes and shapes. When lit the mirror will reflect the flickering flames and give off an amazing effect. At Christmas, a large mirror behind the fireplace will not only reflect candles but also the beautifully lit tree.
6. If you are looking for a unique look hang mirrors at an angle towards each other, you will create a mosaic effect. Although the image reflected will seem broken into pieces the objects will not appear distorted.
7. Try the fragmentation method of hanging mirrors. Place several long rectangular mirrors close to each other for a fragmented but continuous view of your hallway. This does two things, it creates a very unique effect and it makes your wall appear much larger. Hang your mirrors vertically if you would like to ‘’lengthen’’ your wall.
8. If you have a large wall and you’re not sure what to do with it consider hanging a Venetian wall mirror. Venetian mirrors are very elegant with beautiful ornate frames used by many interior decorators. A large Venetian mirror looks absolutely magnificent when hung in the center of a large wall. (Again, make sure, however, the mirror reflects something beautiful).
9. A huge blank unattractive wall gives the feeling that your room is unfinished. Use a simplistic mirror whether it’s a rectangular mirror or circular one and it will make all the difference and make your room look well put together.
10. Many mirrors with colorful frames or even decoratively painted frames are like functional works of art and can sometimes be a much less expensive alternative to a wall painting. This can be done in any room including bedrooms and baths.
We carry several brands such as Uttermost, Howard Elliott, Wildwood, Chelsea House, Dimond, Decorative Crafts, and Cooper Classics. These brands offer a variety of styles, sizes, and colors at affordable to high-end prices.