Top 5 Benefits of Oak Flooring for your HomeNiranjan Kumar
The type of flooring installed at your home can make or break its overall look as well as your reputation. It doesn’t matter how well you have designed the interiors of your house until and unless you have a beautiful looking flooring. Wooden flooring or hardwood flooring is the talk of the town as it has become extremely popular among the denizens considering its vivid characteristics. The aesthetic looks, warmth, and luster provided by wooden flooring are hard to beat. Oak flooring is the best option available in the market when it comes to hardwood flooring. Here are some of the benefits of installing oakwood flooring at your house.
- Adds Aesthetic Looks To Your Home: Oakwood flooring will stay and sustain for many years, as they are not like the modern day tiles that can crack or chip off or like carpets that become dull with time. Such floorings are just like a red wine, which gets better with each passing age. The color of the oakwood gets richer over a few years, and if you maintain the flooring precisely, it will just get better. Such kind of flooring gives an elegant look to your house. It doesn’t matter whether the interior of your home is modern or rustic, oak flooring will match with any color scheme or décor of your house. Besides this, you’ll get unique colors, patterns, swirls, and grains, as they are natural and not like the factory pattern that keeps on repeating.
2. Adds Value To Your Home: Oakwood floorings are a good investment that will give you better reselling values for your home. It becomes easy to sell the home faster even at a higher price. Potential buyers will be interested to buy such houses even at an escalated price as they not only provide elegant looks but are also easy to clean and maintain.
3. Easy To Clean And Maintain: Have you ever imagined about the hard work behind cleaning your carpet that gets dirty now and then. Well, it is not the same with oak flooring, as the cleaning and maintenance are incredibly easy. Hardwood flooring doesn’t accumulate dirt, dust, molds, etc. like carpets, which therefore reduces the efforts put in its deep cleaning. All you have to do is sweep or vacuum clean the flooring to get rid of the dirt and dust. You can wipe the floor with a damp cloth or a mop once a week to preserve its beauty for years. Wooden floors are also easier to maintain as they are stain-resistant.
4. Facilitates Healthy Indoor Air: Unlike carpets, oak flooring doesn’t hold up dust, mold, allergens, pet hair, parasites, etc. as it not only ruins the air quality in the home but also hampers your health. Tiles laminates have embossing and grout lines, which can accumulate dust and dirt. With wooden floors, you don’t have to be worried about such things. Therefore, it is advisable for people, especially with allergies, that they should opt for such oakwood floorings.
5. Strong and Durable: When compared to laminates and tiles, the wood floor is not susceptible to chipping, loosening, breaking, or splitting. Besides this, white oak wood, another variety of oak, is not vulnerable to moisture and fungus that can destroy the flooring. Oakwood is naturally durable, and if maintained properly, then it will last for decades.
The Bottom Line
Oak flooring is always a better option compared to other types of flooring as they offer numerous advantages. Though such type of flooring is expensive, it is definitely worth the money. The sophisticated look, zero maintenance, easy installation, and durability, etc. are some of the benefits to look out for while considering the flooring options.