Top-Notch Home Design Trends for 2020finehomelamps
Summary: This post explores new renovation styles and trends for this year, providing homeowners with tips and actionable ideas for designing the ideal room and home. Check out the dos and don’ts of home design trends for 2020.
We’re a little over a month into the new year, and in that time, several home design trends have emerged. From natural elements to a focus on functionality, there are plenty of trends that new and seasoned homeowners will want to incorporate into their homes this year. Whether you’re looking for cost-effective ways to revamp your living room or upgrade your master suite, use these trends to inspire the living space of your dreams.
Check out our post in full, or click on the design trend that interests you in the list below to jump ahead:
- Bring the Outdoors In
- Comfort and Function Reign Supreme
- Bathroom Beauty
- Color is Making a Comeback
- Turn Windows Into an Art Form
- Key Takeaways
1. Bring the Outdoors In
Why go outside when you can bring the beauty of the Great Outdoors into your home? Home design this year centers on natural beauty. Bountiful houseplants, botanical art prints, indoor trees – oh my! With so many of us spending the bulk of our days staring at screens, incorporating natural elements can turn your home into a place where you soothe, unplug, and recharge. The natural trend doesn’t stop at potted plants and framed art. Incorporate natural textures and elements with rattan, wood, and stone furnishings to inject more life into your home’s interior.
2. Comfort and Function Reign Supreme
Design for design’s sake? No thanks. This year’s home design trends focus on comfort and function, and rightly so! Home should be your safe space, and adding design elements that translate to improved comfort is the way to go as we enter a new decade. If you have to choose one room in which to incorporate this trend, opt for the bedroom. Sleep significantly impacts your overall health, and investing in a great snooze is well worth the money. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- An adjustable bed: The benefits of an adjustable frame are endless – improved digestion, reduced back pain, and better circulation. Where do we sign up?
- High-quality sheets: The higher the thread count, the better the snooze. Investing in sumptuous sheets can make it easy to drift off to dreamland (and stay asleep all night long).
- Mood lighting: The right lighting is important in every room, but the bedroom deserves some special attention.
3. Bathroom Beauty
This year, homeowners are focusing on turning drab bathrooms into spalike oases. A complete bathroom renovation is no small undertaking; according to Hausera, a bathroom remodel costs an average of $8,000 to $12,000 – that is to say, certainly a pretty penny. However, before you balk and run far away from the costs of a bathroom overhaul, consider smaller, inexpensive fixes you can make to create the bathroom of your dreams. Here are some of the emerging bathroom design trends that won’t break the bank:
- Brass finishes
- Marbleized wallpaper
- Framed mirrors
- Wainscoting (yes, we swear, it’s back!)
- Freestanding bathtubs
4. Color is Making a Comeback
Neutrals have enjoyed the spotlight for the past few years, but 2020 will see a resurgence in color. Warm colors and jewel tones will make their presence known. You can incorporate pops of color in various areas throughout your home:
- Colorful, patterned tiles
- Painted cabinetry
- Accent walls
- Furniture and textiles
One of the best ways to incorporate more color is top hop on another design trend: two-tone kitchens. Think black base, white upper cabinets – this modern style adds more interest to the heart of the home, and can be a great way to breathe new life into a tired cooking space. While trendy, this style does have some staying power. The two-toned look has never completely gone out of fashion; designers come back for more as dual tones and contrasts remain winners in the hearts of homeowners.
Your color options aren’t limited. While black-and-white tuxedo kitchens started the trend, you can take your color scheme out of the ordinary. Check out gray and white contrasts, consider navy and cream, or go bold with rust orange.
Turn Windows Into an Art Form
Frame your home’s windows with ornate treatments and you’ll be keeping up with the best interior designers. This design trend is especially helpful for homeowners that prefer to keep their overall living space a bit more neutral; pair fanciful curtains with a solid-colored room for a pop of pizazz that will draw the eye to the great outdoors.
If you do decide to incorporate window treatments in your home, steer clear of these common mistakes:
- Failing to complement with the appropriate hardware: If the rest of your living room is decked in brushed gold, don’t ruin the motif with silver rods and hooks.
- Failing to consider functionality: Window treatments should be about more than aesthetic – are you trying to allow more light into your kitchen? You’ll want sheer materials. Are you interested in sun-blocking curtains in your bedroom? You’ll need to look at heavier options.
- Failing to consider street view: Your new treatment may look fantastic from the interior, but does it become an eyesore when viewed from the street? Some homeowners also need to consider HOA regulations; in certain neighborhoods, everything facing the street, including curtains, needs to be white.
There are clearly a plethora of home design trends to capitalize on this year, but the above are some of our current favorites. Check out our quick rundown below of our post’s key takeaways:
- Incorporate nature into your home in any way you can: plants, prints, and more
- Get comfy by focusing on features that add coziness and function
- Turn your tub time into spa time with a bathroom redo
- Don’t be afraid to add color into every room of the home
- Frame windows with ornate curtains and other window treatments
If you try one and love it, let us know in the comments below!
About the Author: Samuel Kaye is a contributing editor for 365 Business Tips and writes about a variety of topics ranging from home design to business development to help entrepreneurs and homeowners grow their ventures and improve their lives.
Let us help you find your best style!
Fine Home Lighting and Fine Home Lamps are committed to providing customers with fine quality home accessories at the best possible prices along with providing knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
About Fine Home Lighting and Fine Home Lamps
FineHomeLamps.com has been in operation since early 2009. We carry over 10,000 hand-selected home accessories such as table lamps, floor lamps, chandeliers, including wall mirrors, wall clocks. and wall art. We continually expand our inventory in order to provide additional choices for our customers.
Leave a Reply