SILVER LAMPS FOR MODERN & TRADITIONAL STYLES
Silver is regarded as a cool color in interior design and it is frequently paired with blue, black, white, or gray. Yet, since it is a neutral shade, it works great with any color.
Today, silver lamps are very popular in nickel, chrome, mercury glass, and other finishes.
- Associated with both Modern and Traditional styles: industrial, sleek, high-tech – as well as – ornate, glamorous, graceful, sophisticated, and elegant.
- Silver is a precious metal and, like gold, often symbolizes riches and wealth. Polished finishes give off a sparkle effect and brushed finishes lend a soft touch.
- Silver metal plays a significant part in Feng Shui design where metal is seen as one of the all-important five elements and represents wealth and protection. As such the Chinese and other cultures which practice Feng Shui always try to incorporate silver in their room design in some form.
SILVER TABLE LAMPS WITH A WHITE SHADE IS A POPULAR CHOICE
Silver lamps can be easily paired with any color lampshade. Silver table lamps with a white shade are the most popular. However, other popular lampshade colors include black, navy blue, cream, gray, and brown.
- Drum shades are typically associated with Contemporary and Modern silver lamps.
- Bell, cone, or empire lampshades are often associated with Traditional silver lamps.
However, in Traditional interiors, it is not always necessary to only use traditional style shades. Adding an appropriate lamp with a drum shade could be a great way to update a tired looking traditional interior.
SILVER TABLE LAMPS FOR THE LIVING ROOM
Using silver table lamps for the living room is a great way to add an element of sparkle and unify the metallic colors in the room. Most of the time, you should match the color of metallic finishes throughout the living room and other adjacent visible spaces.
As a general rule, choose lamps that are between 58 – 64 inches in height from the floor. If your table is 30 inches height – look for lamps between 28 – 34 inches tall.
Check to make sure that the lampshade is no larger than the width of the table. Most tables in the living room are 22 inches or larger. Shade size is not typically an issue for these spaces.
SILVER LAMPS FOR A BEDROOM
When choosing a silver lamp for the bedroom, make sure to check the depth of the table on which the lamp is to set. Bedside tables and dresser tables are typically narrow in depth – maybe 16 inches front to back. You want to avoid having the lampshade hang over the edge of the table. For this reason, oftentimes, bedside lamps have lampshades that are either rectangular or oval in shape.
Similar to silver lamps for living room, bedside lamps should be between 58 – 64 inches in height. Depending on the height of the ceiling, you may want the lamps in the bedroom to be shorter than those in the living room or family room. Use mirrors with silver frames or artwork that has silver features to tie the elements together.
Table lamps that set on narrow dressers are usually smaller (shorter and narrower) than a bedside lamp. Consider a silver accent lamp that is 24 inches in height or less with a lampshade that is 12 inches or less in depth.
TRADITIONAL & MODERN SILVER LAMPS AT FINEHOMELAMPS.COM
Mercury glass, chrome, nickel, Venetian glass — Oh those gorgeous sparkling silver lamps. They have a way of transforming even the most boring room into something amazing. And Uttermost, Wildwood Lamps, Chelsea House, Decorative Crafts, and Frederick Cooper know how to do silver right!
To learn more on “How to Choose the Right Table Lamp” – Visit our Blog
Silver Lamps on Sale at Fine Home Lamps. Call Us for more information.
All Photos Source: Houzz.com